Introducing the Great Tropical Drive;
The Great Tropical Drive is the ideal way to explore the world heritage wonders of Tropical North Queensland between Cairns and Townsville. Dive, snorkel, cruise or fly over the Great Barrier Reef or take some time out and relax on one of over 20 idyllic tropical island hideaways. Explore our Ancient Rainforest network with your adventure options including mountain treks, canopy walks, waterfall and gorge tours or kayak and rafting experiences. The region is also home to rich indigenous culture, indulgent tropical food trails and accessible outback adventures including 190,000 year old lava tubes. hot air ballooning and savannah wilderness.
- Combine Self Drive with local day tours and escorted touring products.
- See the Best of Australia in Tropical North Queensland. Reef, Rainforest, Outback and Indigenous Culture - Your adventures are bought to you by nature.
- Ideal length of stay in region 12 days. For those with less time Cairns and Port Douglas are the ideal base.
- Start or end the journey with a relaxing island getaway on the Great Barrier Reef
- Contact us for a range of seasonal agent benefits and trade specials across the region.
Did you know you can meet our Great 8 marine animals on the Great Barrier Reef - Minke Whales, Sea Turtles, Clownfish, Sharks, Giant Cod, Manta Rays, Maori Wrasse and Dolphins?
Australian and International Travel Trade are welcome to use any content on the Great Tropical Drive website for the purpose of promoting holidays to Tropical Australia.
Download free itineraries for your self drive adventure.
View full colour and mono logos.
View the fonts used in Great Tropical Drive documents.
View a selection of hero images and request a high resolution image.
Download free brochures and maps of the Great Tropical Drive.
Sites pertaining to the Great Tropical Drive.
The Great Tropical Drive team can help with any issues, queries or requests.